If you have a knack for understanding spaces, color schemes, and basics of what goes well with what in terms of indoor and outdoor spaces you are eligible to enroll in an Interior designing course. Interior designing involves remodeling, renovating, and designing spaces for clients’ commercial and non-commercial spaces.
Interior design like all design fields can be divided into several types of courses – diploma, degree, certification, or a PG. If you are passionate about breathing new life into old spaces and find yourself constantly strolling through good homes magazines, lifestyle and living bloggers on Instagram, etc. you are eligible to enroll for the course.
INSD provides several courses for students aspiring to start their career in Interior, each course is designed for the student’s requirement e.g. Someone who already has a degree in a different field can enroll in a master’s program in the first year of every program is designed in a way that covers the basics of design which builds up a strong foundation for your future.
Enrolling in a course and beginning your career sounds fun and intriguing and here are some skills and responsibilities that you have to carry out as an interior designer:
- Work with an interior design firm to develop design solutions for clients
- Research concepts and materials to support the design team on technical issues influencing concept development
- Conduct on-site observations and provide recommendations to help streamline ongoing design projects
- Prepare and participate in client presentations
- Select furniture, materials, décor, and finishes while keeping in mind the customers budget and the approved design
- Design samples for a client’s needs and get approvals
- Design sites from commercial to residential
- Interior Designer will be part of a collaborative team of Engineers, Architects, and Design Assistants
If the above-given responsibilities excite you and you feel this is a field you want to explore, then you are eligible for the Interior Designing course. Research thoroughly which courses provide what learning, understand your passion and interest, and speak to the counselors, go for an aptitude test all these things will clear your doubts and help you make the right decision.