Interior design is a vast and popular field that has recently gained more attention than before. As the demand for better amenities, luxurious lifestyle, living and utmost priority given to comfort this field has gained its own space in the industry and people’s minds. Aptitude tests in the past helped students choose career options and were used for career guidance with the evolving information and awareness on the internet. The younger generation has made up their minds to what they would want to pursue in the future and majority of the time this vigor is backed up by passion.
How do you start?
If you have completed your 12th Standard you can directly enroll for an Interior Designing Bachelor’s Degree which is either a (BDES) Bachelor in Design which is a four year programme or (BSC) Bachelor of Science which is a three year programme. Each of these courses at INSD, Pune offers an in-depth knowledge about the field. By researching and going through the syllabus and conversing with one of our counselors you can decide which degree suits your requirement.
For students who are yet to finalize about how to proceed and are not sure of a three year or four year commitment can first enroll for a Diploma or Certification course which strengthens your basics and gives you an overview of the interior field in general. These Diploma or Certification courses can be pursued by students who have passed their 10th standard as well.
If you have already completed your bachelor’s degree in any field and now want to specialize in Interior Design you are eligible to enroll for a Mdes Master’s in Design or MSc Master’s of Science in ID. These postgraduate degrees provide you a study in Interior design allowing you to learn from the basics to creating major projects similar to BDes and Bsc.
- If you are keen on pursuing Interior as your career opt for drawing courses, give more attention to perspective drawings, concentrate on color schemes and do thorough research
- Applying for institutions research about their entrance exams, aptitude tests
- Applying to a good college will assure you a degree but in design field your portfolio speaks volumes, work on your portfolio till you feel you would want yourself to design your own house
- Ask yourself questions like are you really interested in designing homes, restaurants, offices, spaces for different types of clients or is it just a hobby?
- Is your mind capable of coming up with creative ideas or are you ready to mold yourself to be more creative and think out of the box
- In the future, try and learn about people’s skills, communication and how to present your ideas. This will be helpful in doing well in your field.
Thus it is a good career for creative and accommodative people. One can teach, practice in a firm or be self-employed in this profession. The job requires a good mix of both technical knowledge and originality. All of which you will learn at INSD, Pune and for further enquiries you can get in touch with us.