The jewellery design certificate is a course that is designed to teach students the skills and knowledge required to work as a manual designer. This is a shorter course compared to a diploma or a graduation degree. The duration of the certification is six months and it helps bring out the innate skills and creativity of the students.
Course Duration - 6 Months
- Through practical work, designers are assisted to express their creativity by designing a portfolio of their own styles.
- Learning about jewellery design, foundation and basic skills required to have hold n the creativity
- The course also concentrates a lot on how to start research? How to use the research and document designs for a project
Jewels today are used to tell stories, create a mark or even to spread awareness. To become a jewellery designer one must have knowledge of different types of materials, settings, have a steady hand at drawing and research. Once this is established a certificate course also teaches the basics of how to use this knowledge and create a portfolio which wil help in further applications for courses.
Course Learning Outcomes:
- Jewellery design certificate course opens up options for further studies in the field from gemology, diamond grading or accessory designing
- Learn the basics of rendering and creating motifs
- A portfolio of basic manual designs is what helps in further application process to work / study in the field
- The certificate course also helps you in learning about costume jewellery which can help in setting up small business
- The jewellery course teaches about different materials used precious and semi-precious
- Take back a portfolio and pieces of costume jewellery made by you under the guidance of professionals and explore the field of jewellery
Roles and Responsibilities of a Jewellery Designer
- Drafting designs on paper
- Understands clients requirements and creates designs taking into account occasion, material, and style
- Connect with active professionals in the industry
- Start small business in costume jewellery
6 Months Certificate Course in Jewellery Design: (Eligibility: 10th)
|Introduction to Jewellery Design|
|Nature of Gemstones|
|Study Of Metals|
|Gold Casting and Fabrication|
|Basics of Designing Portfolio|
|Indian Market Portfolio|
You are One Step Closer to Your Dreams…! Apply Now for Jewellery Designing Courses in Pune at INSD Kothrud
Following are Jewellery Designing Courses You Can Do
- UG: BACHELORS PROGRAMMES – B.DESIGN- 4 YEARS (ELIGIBILITY: 10+2 )
- UG: BACHELORS PROGRAMMES – B.Sc – 3 YEARS (ELIGIBILITY: 10+2 )
- PG: MASTERS PROGRAMMES – M.DESIGN – 2 YEARS(ELIGIBILITY: GRADUATE )
- ADVANCED DIPLOMA IN JEWELLERY DESIGNING COURSES – 2 YEARS( ELIGIBILITY 10+2 )
- DIPLOMA – 1 YEAR (ELIGIBILITY: 10+2 )
Yes, We have Post Graduation Jewellery Designing Courses.
Yes, Of course. We offer Bachelors, Masters & Diploma Programmes after 10th & 12th
Yes, You can. Because INSD Brings you a solution with Industry oriented Degree Program without Education Gap.
Its Depends on the Programme you have to choose, Minimum 6 Months required for Basic Jewellery Designing Certification Course & for Graduation 4 Years.
Jewellery Designer | Visual Merchandiser | Content Writer | Social Media Manager | Professor | Alumni of University of Arts London
Head Of The Department
Sonali has an overall experience of 7+ years in the Jewellery Industry. She has worked as freelance Visual Merchandiser and Designer for many renowned jewellery brands. Her strength in content writing and social media management comes from Preeta Agarwal, who she has worked for and has also been an editorial assistant on her book named Bejewelled Finds. She did her Master’s in Jewellery Design from Central Saint Martins, London. Has been a project manager for many Jewellery Intensive programmes being conducted abroad and in India for jewellery specialists, entrepreneurs and students. Her resilience to work and punctuality towards given projects is what stands out. She makes sure her students gain knowledge but also encourages them to work by themselves, research individually and bring out their strength in different fields of design. She has been the HoD at INSD now for 3+ years and sharing her different experiences with faculties and students.
He is a software engineer, who pursued Interior Designing as his career. Driven by immense passion for the field he has over five years of experience in commercial and residential site projects.
Mayur also decided to share his knowledge with a new generation of interior designers by starting to teach in the field. He is a staunch believer of how theoretical and practical knowledge go hand in hand. He has an academic experience of 9 years and has taught more than 3000 students till date. His outlook towards the field of education is about creating confident, bold and young designers who stand out and create breath-taking projects.
He is also the academic head of our institution for who’s skills of management and teamwork we absolutely appreciate
Assistant Academic Head of the Department
Sonal is the former Head Of The Department of Fashion. Who is now the Assistant Head of the Academics. Sonal comes with over 9+ years of experience working as a creative Fashion Designer and Mentor. She has always had a passion towards fashion. Her specialization lies in being an expert in Computer softwares for Fashion design like Corel Draw, Photoshop etc. Sonal is hardworking and enjoys managing her students and faculties along with planning for photoshoot events and fashion shows.
Jewellery Designer, Faculty at INSD, Deccan
Utkarsha has done her Bachelor’s in Jewellery Design. Gemology and Diamond Grading are her strong pursuit. She has been a part of the jewellery industry for last 3 years as a designer and has been working with us since a year now. Not only is she fantastic at her work but has experience in both International and Indian market design. She is sharing her knowledge and skills with students of INSD. Working every day to make an impact on the new generation of designers.
Jewellery Designer, Faculty at INSD, Deccan
She is a skilled jewellery designer, who proudly represents the esteemed INSD Institute. With a successful completion of a diploma in jewellery designing, she possesses the necessary expertise to excel in this field. As an employee of INSD, she has the privilege of refining her skills and imparting knowledge to aspiring jewellery designers. One of her key strengths lies in jewellery budgeting, where she optimizes the use of resources and materials while ensuring the highest quality standards. Furthermore, she is proficient in Rhino CAD software, a powerful tool that enables her to create intricate and precise digital models of jewellery designs.
Sunil Gadekar has more than 10 years, of teaching experience. He specializes in fashion illustration, character design, and painting. His qualifications are ATD, GD Art, BFA and Dip. AED. He has trained more than 2000 plus students. He is sharing his experience with INSD for more than 3 years. Sunil sir not only teaches art and design to Animation students but to all the other design courses as well.