Fashion Design Diploma Course
One year Diploma in Fashion Design is curated in a way that introduces students to the creative as well as design aspects of the field of fashion. Students are encouraged to create and develop their own creative identity by the process of design thinking combined with critical thinking capacity.
Course Duration - 1 Year
Diploma in Fashion Design is an amalgamation of practical learning and theoretical knowledge. This Diploma teaches students to practice their skills and use their knowledge the way they would be required in the practical world. Fashion design is not only the field desired by many but also a field full of challenges which requires students to build their unique design styles and think out of the box which is something that is taught by the faculties of INSD,Pune.
Diploma in Fashion Programme equips the students with the history of costumes, creating illustrations and doing research on the basis of themes. Elements and principles of design is an important subject for any design field INSD,Pune strongly believes in setting up the foundation right for students to do well in the future.
The course is a mix of both knowledge required from a theory aspect and experience required from a practical working industry aspect which sets up our students to tackle all the challenges in their work environment and use the diploma for application of further studies if they have a desire to.
Course Learning Outcomes:
- Strengthen the foundation so strong that every other skill you learn is a bonus on top of the Diploma course
- The course helps you create your own design style and identity by working alongside you to help you create a breathtakingly unique portfolio
- Fashion Illustration is a strong pursuit of any fashion designer work on your skills with the help of experts
- Understand how to know about the ongoing trends, and use inspiration for your projects
- Learn about stitching methods, draping, and introduction to pattern-making and use your skills for job application as well as further studies.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- A fashion designer will also be heavily involved in the arrangements for a fashion show
- Understanding the designs, sizes of the wear and selecting the models, arranging the presentation of the garments in the collection
- They will make final selections in the choices of material, buttons, zippers, and all other elements of the garment before it is brought together as a whole piece
- Designing, sketching and illustrating the new designs according to themes and providing a more detailed working pattern is the next step for the fashion designer.
- Fashion Designers if have a good sense of window displays and merchandising can also help in visual merchandising and marketing
1 Year Diploma in Fashion Design
|Semester – I||Semester – II|
|Elements of Design||Fashion Illustration|
|Fashion Industrial Language||Different body drape elements a function of clothing|
|Basic principle of Fashion||Introduction to textile theory|
|Stitching methods and application||History of costumes|
|Draping – 1||Introduction to pattern making|
Create Your Own Fashion with Fashion Designing Courses in Pune – INSD Kothrud
Why join a Fashion Design Diploma Course?
- Quality training by industry experts
- Learning material provided digitally
- Well-versed portfolio making according to industry standards
- Placement cell for opportunities in the industry
However, there is a huge scope of Fashion Designing in India as well as abroad. Students have lots of options after completing their Fashion Designing Courses. At the present time, Fashion Designing is one of the most recognized and attractive career options in India.
Minimum qualification necessary for a Fashion Designing course is 10th or 10+2. Depending on the type and duration of the course, one can opt for a certificate, diploma or degree course. Certificate courses can be of six months, a diploma of two years and a degree course of three to four-year duration.
- Fashion designer
- Fashion Illustrator
- Retail manager
- Fashion coordinator
- Fashion consultant
- Personal stylist
- Fashion Stylist
- Visual Merchandiser
- Fashion communicator
No, drawing is a skill, it comes under the basic syllabus of Fashion Designing. In the Fashion Designing Course, you need to draw fashion figures or croquis, or you can draw flats or technical sketches for which training will be provided.
I’m Fashion Designer and a Fashion Stylist at the same time. I’ve pursued my graduation in Fashion Design and Master’s from NMIMS. I’ve been working in the Fashion industry for the past 6 years. I’ve worked as a celebrity Stylist, Editorial Stylist for celebrities and a Fashion show stylish at Times Fashion week.
I’ve launched my own collection at the Ultimate Fashion runway & Mrs Navi Mumbai beauty pageant.
He is a software engineer, who pursued Interior Designing as his career. Driven by immense passion for the field he has over five years of experience in commercial and residential site projects.
Mayur also decided to share his knowledge with a new generation of interior designers by starting to teach in the field. He is a staunch believer of how theoretical and practical knowledge go hand in hand. He has an academic experience of 9 years and has taught more than 3000 students till date. His outlook towards the field of education is about creating confident, bold and young designers who stand out and create breath-taking projects.
He is also the academic head of our institution for who’s skills of management and teamwork we absolutely appreciate
Sonal is the former Head Of The Department of Fashion. Who is now the Assistant Head of the Academics. Sonal comes with over 9+ years of experience working as a creative Fashion Designer and Mentor. She has always had a passion towards fashion. Her specialization lies in being an expert in Computer softwares for Fashion design like Corel Draw, Photoshop etc. Sonal is hardworking and enjoys managing her students and faculties along with planning for photoshoot events and fashion shows.
Megha moved to Pune to pursue her degree in fashion designing from School Of Fashion Technology (S.O.F.T.). After graduation worked in the industry for 1.5 year. Started sustainable & eco-friendly label in partnership in 2019 for men & women. Styled celebrities like rupali ganguly etc. She started with her new sustainable label called OFAFO India, she is an Entrepreneur & a Mentor. She believes that everyone in fashion industry should learn and incorporate sustainability in their practices.
I’m Karan Waghmare, I’ve Completed my Education in Fashion Design. I’ve been working as a Fashion Designer for the past 6 years. I’ve worked at as Celebrity Designer and been a part of several Pageant Shows. Recently I designed and created a collection for Nagarkar Jeweller’s in collaboration Amruta Khanvilkar and Chandu kaka Saraf.